My favourite cinemas in London: Part Four - The Grindhouse


This notorious indie flicker house really needs no introduction, least of all from little ole' me, so I'll hand it over to cult movie genius Tarantino. Dubbing it the "Queen's jewel" of grindhouse, "it is everything an independent movie theatre should be. For lovers of quality films, this is Mecca"; He is not wrong.

I've actually been sent messages asking me if I'd forgotten to mention this place.  As if I could.  So, obviously, and inevitably...


 

I can't really find the words to describe what The PCC is to film lovers. Located just off Leicester Square, this cult establishment turns classic film into an on-going movie extravaganza.  Yes, there is a bar, two screens and the seats are comfy but forget all that...

If you want to make going to the cinema a real occasion, this is the place to go.

 Here's why:


Exactly. 

My hands are tired from all that poster-pimpage, and that's not even scratching the surface of the perpetual awesome that this cinema offers. There's so much more on the website.  The events are crazy fun, all nighters, sing-a-longs, double bills, themed seasons...it's all there. 

Just look at the Epic Film Selection available...you can even request films if your favourite isn't showing any time soon.

Look, I can't even... just go there.  Then live there.  Really.
Category: , 0 comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment